BioBased 501w is an open cell, water blown spray polyurethane foam insulation with a density of 0.5 lbs that can be used in walls, ceilings and roofdecks of residential and commercial buidings. It is Class I fire rated, ICC-Rated and has 3% bio-based content in the finished foam.
BioBased 501w expands upon application and forms a sealed thermal envelope that will not sag, settle or deteriorate over time. The best thing you can do for your property is build it tight with spray foam insulation and properly ventilate the structure.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- BioBased 501w seals and insulates in one step
- Sealed thermal envelope helps you reduce your heating and cooling costs
- Can save up to 50% on heating and cooling costs when used with other responsible building practices
- Integrates rapidly renewable content
- Applied using water as the blowing agent
- Adheres to virtually any surface
- Great for insulating hard-to-reach areas
- Installed by approved contractors
- ESR 1383
DOES SPRAY FOAM INSULATION COST MORE?
When compared to traditional insulations like fiberglass or cellulose, spray foam insulation does cost more upfront, but remember:
- With spray foam you are getting an insulator and an air barrier in one product. That difference will save you money each month by decreasing heating and cooling costs.
- Because the energy demand on your home is lower, a smaller, more economical heating and cooling system can usually be installed.
- Many times you can reduce or eliminate the use of other building materials when you use foam, such as soffit vents, ridge vents, attic ventilation fans, radiant barriers or vapor retarders.
- You can usually finance the cost difference as part of your mortgage, so the increase to your overall monthly mortgage payment will be relatively minimal.
- Many times the energy savings from spray foam can help you qualify for an Energy Efficient Mortgage which can save you money.
For a complete list of the product's physical properties and test methods, please download a copy of the technical data sheet.
|Water Vapor Permeability:||3.5" (89 mm) = 9.2 perms
5.5" (140 mm) = 6.1 perms
|Air Leakage:||5.5" (140 mm) @ 75PA = <0.02 L/s/m2|
|Core Density:||0.5 pcf (8 kg/m3)|
|Finished Foam Bio-Content:||3%|
|Sound Transmission Class:||38|
|Tensile Strength:||3.0 psi (29.7 kPa)|
|Surface Burning Characteristics @ 4" (101.6 mm):||Flame Spread Index - ≤25
Smoke Developed Index - ≤450
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR
- Exterior, below grade applications
- Closed wall cavity retrofit applications